Friday, May 30, 2008

Watch it

So I was just reliving something not-so-good that I went though last weekend. What happened was that I had to recreate a logo for class purposes and we had a few choices to pick from. So I made a logo for the London Olympic 2012. What happened was that after I had finished my favorite logo, we had midway critiques. So it gets to mine, and right before we're about to move onto the next person, one classmate expresses that he doesn't like it, because he's seen it before on the internet and sure enough he pulls up a logo on Google that looks like the one I just made. Exactly like mine. What? Seriously, what are the chances that something like that happens? Gotta admit it annoyed the *beep* outta me, and I don't want to be accused of cheating and copying. Who does? Whatever. That's in the past. Last weekend I found out that people had been gossiping about me. My classmates, my friends? I found out the hard way, which was really uncool. It really hurts.

I've always known for gossip to hurt, but this really really hurt me bad. It's sad, when people wont say things upright, especially that we were friends and that we're both grown ups too. Teachers tell kids not to gossip and talk behind other people's backs, yet I think the older we get, the more we tend to 'share news' and 'have concern' for others... Why can't we face the truth and admit that it's gossip? If we have 'concerns' for others, we shouldn't have to hide it, and it shouldn't hurt the person you're worried about.

Right now? I don't know. I don't know the full situation about what happened, who was there, who said what. I don't know anything. I don't know the real intent of whoever started talking about me. I don't know any details, and I don't want to know. But know that next time you say something, be more careful of what's coming out of your mouth. Someone might just get hurt.

xx

No comments: